Below are some quick facts when it comes to your child and their safety in your vehicle:
• Remember your child should always ride in the back seat, they are safer there.
• Correctly used car seats can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71%.
• 73% of car seats are not used correctly.
• Children in booster seats and in the back seat are 45% less likely to be injured in a crash vs. those in just a seat belt.
• If your child out grows one of the car seats’ manufactured height and weight limits but they are not ready to transition to a different style car seat look for the same style car seat that has larger manufacture height and weight limits.
• Rear facing car seats are the safest place for your child as they protect their head, neck, and spine. Keep them there as long as possible according to manufacturing limits.
• Always use the instructions to install your car seat.
For more information visit:
O Think First 318-226-0066; http://www.thinkfirstlouisiana.org